Serve as project manager and liaison between company and customer, while providing installation and training for new customers and Innovation employees in advanced and/or complex environments where robotic automation exists; analyzing and resolving all events and issues during the installation and service call processes.
Provides training for new customers and Innovation employees while ensuring performance improvements, quality, and total customer satisfaction. Performs periodic follow-up calls to customers utilizing the CATS process and evaluates results.
Consults with customer and Innovation management for final approval of proposed modifications and documentation.
Performs system analysis of current workflow and proposed setup to improve customer efficiency and system effectiveness, including proposals to add, remove, or modify existing configurations and supporting peripherals.
Assists Engineering in the testing of new software and hardware, and develops recommendations to enhance or replace existing hardware and/or software based on customer experience.
Submits written and accurate reports in a timely manner.
Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced technician-level knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electromechanical systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, subcontractors and customers.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- All installations and repairs meet specifications and quality standards. Overall satisfaction of customers.
- Ensure that all related work is performed properly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The Field Service Engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience directly working with customers in a technically challenging environment. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including extended overnights, before/after normal work hours, and weekends.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Knowledge of hand and power tool operation.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista operating systems and utilities, and the PharmASSIST suite of software tools.
- Hardware: Understand COTs, custom and propriety hardware.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment.
- Planning or directing fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
- Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- For extended periods, the ability to reach, sit, push, pull, bend, squat, work overhead or on knees, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a 20 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
- Regularly works in a pharmacological setting and must take routine precautions to avoid exposure to drug residues through fumes and/or skin contact.