Develops database solutions by designing proposed systems with defined database physical structures and functional capabilities to support product and customer requirements.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Maintains database integrity through security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or similar fields.
- Database design, maintenance, security, and management.
- Experience with any of the main DMBSs (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server). Cloud experience a plus.
- Requirements analysis.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrates technical zeal.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Project management.
- Ability to present technical information.
The Database Architect does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to use a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator.
- Computer Software: Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, software development tools including compilers, configuration management tools and database query software.