The desktop & systems support engineer builds, configures, and maintains laptops, PCs, servers, and other assets in a multi-site Windows environment.
- Teaches and provides assistance to computer users.
- Creates and maintains documentation for new and existing processes and configurations.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems reported by users, and follows up to ensure each issue has been resolved.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Optimizes performance and security of assets.
- Interacts with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, and telephone system conferencing.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Effectively analyze, research, and solve problems.
- Manage multiple changing priorities.
- Gather data, and create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The desktop & systems support engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- A.S. in Computer Science and 1+ years experience in a Windows Server 2008-2016 Active Directory LAN/WAN environment.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft certifications.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.