Your business, staff, and patients are too important to let issues with your prescription fulfillment process linger. Don’t procrastinate… engage our Professional Services team and take advantage of their unparalleled expertise in pharmacy workflow and process optimization.
Our Professional Services team can perform multiple levels of evaluation. We’ll evaluate your goals, workflow, physical layout, automation, dispensing data, staff skill sets, and everything else required to help you optimize your fulfillment process and provide your patients with promised pharmacy services. Our goal is to produce the most efficient operation using the environment, personnel, and equipment you’re currently using or would like to use.
Level 1 – Basic evaluation of your workflow
- Onsite visit by our Professional Services R.Ph. with over 35 years experience managing complex high-volume pharmacies and certified LEAN for Healthcare.
- Discussion of goals and assessment of current workload, physical environment, personnel, and constraints.
- Discussion of options to improve operations
- Delivery of formal report following the visit with specific observations and recommendations.
Level 2 – Significant or total workflow overhaul using computer modeling with normalized data
- Includes services provided under Level 1
- Use of normalized data matched to the site-specific workload. This approach has minimal site-specific data collection. Benefits include a rapid turnaround of computer-assisted assessment.
- Perform computer modeling based on your:
- Demand – current workload and future projections.
- Workflow – process sequence, specific workstations/area and layout.
- Process Time – each step required to process prescriptions is reviewed (e.g., data entry, manual and auto filling, verification, dispensing and consultation, packaging, pickup/payment, and unique requirements (e.g., controlled medications).
- Staff – quantity, scope of responsibility, schedule and operational motion.
- Filling assist devices – manual filling counting technologies and auto-filling devices.
- Delivery of interactive computer modeling based on universal/normalized data set, and a formal report with specific observations and recommendations.
Level 3 – Significant or total workflow overhaul using computer modeling simulation using client-specific data
- Includes services provided under Level 1 to capitalize on early improvements.
- Use of site-specific data collection to accurately model the environment “as is” and provides all the data and tools necessary to model the current and any future state environment.
- Collect on-site data, maps each component of work noted above in Level 2.
- Physically map the work area (current and future state) for computer modeling and simulation.
- Delivery of interactive computer model based on client-specific data, providing you with the unique capability to reassess individual components of the filling process and observe the impact to your operation.
- Delivery of computer-based simulation with client-specific parameters, enabling you to visualize unlimited scenarios and the impact of minor and large-scale changes.
- Delivery of a formal report with specific observations and recommendations.
Level 4 – Accommodate existing customer requests to enhance and optimize your current operations for expanded/anticipated growth
- Includes services provided under Level 1.
- Use of customer’s current data and other data sources to determine projected growth (e.g., new formulary for a central fill, addition of new stores, addition of new central fill clients, etc.).
- Perform computer modeling to explore options for expansion to accommodate new/expected growth:
- Existing or new space
- New or additional technology
- Modified or additional workflow
- Can be as extensive as customer needs dictate and can include simulation models to validate.
If your interested in engaging our Professional Services group or simply learning more about our various services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.