The electrical engineering technician performs processes to build, assemble, and wire prototypes, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment mechanisms and other equipment for RDS robotics (high volume) and retail robotics in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Designs and builds control systems for testing sub-assemblies.
- Develops test procedures with repeatable and reliable results.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Maintains technical documentation; writes technical reports, and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system’s operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications.
- Creates and reviews technical drawings, blueprints, schematics or specifications.
- Designs and builds working protype models.
- Programs PLC controllers to perform specific tasks.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
The electrical engineering technician does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of an Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- One to three years of experience in a technical or related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.