The facilities CAD drafter works directly with mechanical and electrical engineers to design and produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images for current and future products/facilities.
- Seamlessly integrates and works with project managers, design consultants, and subcontractors to produce and alter drawings.
- Creates and continually updates project drawings lists.
- Prints various formats of drawing sets for project managers and site superintendents.
- Exhaustively reviews and checks sketches and drawings for errors before being sent to architects, subcontractors, project managers, etc.
- Organizes and uploads drawings to web-based storage sites/collaboration project sites to share drawings with project and subcontractors.
- Prepares floor plans, site plans, and other drawings for small construction and minor alteration projects using computer aided drafting techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively in written or verbal form.
- Establishes priorities, works independently, and proceeds with objectives without supervision.
- Handles and resolves recurring problems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or AutoDesk.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Responsible for basic machine tools and processes.
The facilities CAD drafter does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 7-10 years field experience.
- 1+ years conceptual design and drafting skills.