The field services engineer serves as a liaison between company and customer, and designs, installs, or repairs equipment related to different technological, mechanical, and electrical components of Innovation’s systems. The person is also required to train customers on how to use certain types of software and hardware. The position requires travel 75% of the time, and most work is performed at Innovation’s customer worksites. This position is for Arizona.
- Provides training for new customers and Innovation employees while ensuring performance improvements, quality, and total customer satisfaction.
- Performs periodic follow-up calls to customers using data-driven metrics and evaluates results.
- Performs system analysis of current workflow and proposed setup to improve customer efficiency and system effectiveness, including proposals to add, remove, or modify existing configurations and supporting peripherals.
- Consults with customer and Innovation management for final approval of proposed modifications and documentation.
- Develops recommendations to enhance or replace existing hardware and/or software based on customer experience.
- Submits written and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to Customer Service management team to improve customer service or workflow efficiency.
- Reads wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Assists in the testing and development of new software and hardware to enhance or replace existing soft and hardware based on quantitative and qualitative customer data.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced technician-level knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electromechanical systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, subcontractors and customers.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- All installations and repairs meet specifications and quality standards. Overall satisfaction of customers.
- Ensure that all related work is performed properly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The field service engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in an information technology or mechanical/electrical engineering role
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including extended overnights, before/after normal work hours, and weekends.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile, telephone, calculator, and multimeter. Knowledge of hand and power tool operation including but not limited to drills, electric saws, rivet guns, and pallet jacks.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, Windows operating systems and utilities, Bomgar a remote access tool, basic SQL and networking knowledge, and the PharmASSIST suite of software tools.
- Hardware: understand commonly used technical jargon, custom and propriety hardware, including FlexLink conveyor systems and Fanuc robotics.