The field services engineer serves as project manager and liaison between company and customer, while providing installation and training for new customers and Innovation employees in advanced and/or complex environments where robotic automation exists; analyzing and resolving all events and issues during the installation and service call processes.
- Provides training for new customers and Innovation employees while ensuring performance improvements, quality, and total customer satisfaction. Performs periodic follow-up calls to customers utilizing the CATS process and evaluates results.
- Consults with customer and Innovation management for final approval of proposed modifications and documentation.
- Performs system analysis of current workflow and proposed setup to improve customer efficiency and system effectiveness, including proposals to add, remove, or modify existing configurations and supporting peripherals.
- Assists Engineering in the testing of new software and hardware, and develops recommendations to enhance or replace existing hardware and/or software based on customer experience.
- Submits written and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced technician-level knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electromechanical systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, subcontractors and customers.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- All installations and repairs meet specifications and quality standards. Overall satisfaction of customers.
- Ensure that all related work is performed properly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The Field Service Engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience directly working with customers in a technically challenging environment. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including extended overnights, before/after normal work hours, and weekends.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Knowledge of hand and power tool operation.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista operating systems and utilities, and the PharmASSIST suite of software tools.
- Hardware: Understand COTs, custom and propriety hardware.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment.
- Planning or directing fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
- Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- For extended periods, the ability to reach, sit, push, pull, bend, squat, work overhead or on knees, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a 20 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
- Regularly works in a pharmacological setting and must take routine precautions to avoid exposure to drug residues through fumes and/or skin contact.