The financial administrative assistant will answer incoming calls, provide clerical/administrative support to the Finance department staff, maintain office supplies, and process incoming and outgoing mail. The position will also assist with AP/AR functions and facilitate the day-to-day administrative operations associated with supporting Human Resource functions.
- Communicates with HR Director to schedule interviews with job candidates via Skype, conference call, in-person, or phone.
- Posts job openings to various online job boards.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of employee records and personal information.
- Provides clerical and operational support to Director, Human Resources, Controller, AP, & AR.
- Assists with applicant tracking and reporting.
- Organizes personnel files for new hires.
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Maintains and provides required daily and weekly reports.
- Provides back-up support to other areas as needed and other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to Employee Committee, and Wellness Committee.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming mail. Prepares all outgoing mail for delivery to post office, including coordinating the pick-up and delivery of express mail service (FedEx, UPS, etc.) and the tracking of shipping labels. Records checks received, and copies, stamps and prepares for deposit.
- Accounts Payable – completes voucher trackers for invoices, matching packing slips, verify pricing to PO, maintain filing for AP.
- Other – Performs data entry and clerical duties as requested to support the department and/or company objectives. Various errands and tasks for Executive staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Advanced data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Skill in organizing and establishing priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The financial administrative assistant does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of a high school diploma and one to three years of experience in an office setting. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.