The help desk specialist provides technical consultation, problem resolution, and support in customer’s network and PMSS systems, using available documentation and acquired knowledge and computer analysis techniques and procedures.
- Using self developed and provided tools, experience, and judgement, analyzes and determines if equipment is defective and needs to be returned for service. If defective, issues proper RMA to customers.
- Consults customers on installation of new/replacement equipment and software upgrades to ensure satisfaction.
- Interfaces with Innovation Customer Support, Customer Engineering, and Counting Technology to obtain technical assistance, and to coordinate return of defective components and shipment of replacement components.
- Records all call related information, and performs analysis and reporting as requested in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of computer technology, equipment, and systems. Participates in group and independent projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The help desk specialist does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires an Associates Degree in Business or related technical field.
- Requires 1-3 years of experience in customer service or technical-related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Knowledge of hand and power tool operation.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, WindowsXP/Vista operating systems, and the PharmASSIST suite of software tools.
- Hardware: Understand COTs, custom and propriety hardware.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- For extended periods, the ability to reach, sit, push, pull, bend, squat, work overhead or on knees, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a 20 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, exposure to chemicals, and exposure to serious injury (e.g., crushed fingers, extensive burns, and broken bones).