The help desk technician provides technical consultation, problem resolution, and support in customer’s network and Pharmacy Management System, using available documentation, acquired knowledge, computer analysis techniques and procedures.
- Using self-developed and provided tools, experience, and judgement, analyzes and determines if equipment is defective and needs to be returned for service. If defective, issues proper RMA to customers.
- Consults customers on installation of new/replacement equipment and software upgrades to ensure satisfaction.
- Interface with Innovation Customer Support, Customer Engineering, and Counting Technology to obtain technical assistance, and to coordinate return of defective components and shipment of replacement components.
- Records all call related information, and performs analysis and reporting as requested in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of computer technology, equipment, and systems. Participates in group and independent projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The Help Desk Technician does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Possession of an Associate Degree in Business or related technical field and one to three years of experience in customer service or technical-related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.