This past weekend (4/9 – 4/10), we held a dynamic two-day industry symposium for Central Fill/Mail Order pharmacies in conjunction with Binghamton University’s Watson School for Systems Excellence (BU WISE). The symposium, “Exploring Successful Change Management for Pharmacy Operations,” covered myriad topics including:
- The longstanding Innovation/BU WISE partnership
- An in-depth discussion of the various project chevrons of a pharmacy operations technology initiative
- The keys to successful change management
- Pharmacy Intelligence™ – data analysis, computer animated
process simulation, and Lean Six Sigma
- High-volume pharmacy automation and other technologies
- Big Data analysis
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Collaborative robots (cobots)
- The latest Innovation technology inventions
- Binghamton University’s and NY State’s commitment to partnering with local NY State industry
- Binghamton University’s Watson School for Systems Excellence ongoing pharmacy industry research and next-generation data analysis and process simulation capabilities
- Binghamton University’s new School of Pharmacy
Our goal going into the weekend was to focus discussion on a wide range of objectives, approaches, priorities, technologies, and tools that will help empower pharmacies to adapt to change and more effectively improve their high-volume operations.
Customers and other attendees from various retail, mail order, and government pharmacy organizations provided very positive and valuable feedback on the symposium content and the overall event. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive on our making this an annual or semi-annual event.
Thanks to all who attended and to Binghamton University faculty and students who participated and presented.
For more information about the symposium, contact Innovation’s Doyle Jensen, EVP, global business development at firstname.lastname@example.org.