The manufacturing engineer evaluates, develops, and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Maintains procedures, specifications, control plans, flow charts, and FMEA’s to meet ISO9000 standards for all work-centers. Performs internal audits to support compliance.
- Ensures that production equipment is ready to run from a technical standpoint and works with maintenance to keep equipment in proper condition for optimal performance.
- Researches new production methods and prepare recommendations for investment, either in house or purchase or equipment.
- Works on standardization and cost reduction of new and existing products.
- Works to improve the layout and flow of material through the department to aid quality and efficiency in line with Lean techniques.
- Provide Sales and Applications with necessary information and drawings.
- Continuously evaluates manufacturing equipment and recommends process improvements with our current technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Self-directed and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
The manufacturing engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Materials, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- 1-2 years in manufacturing environment, preferably in a CGMP regulated industry.
- 1+ years conceptual design and drafting skills.
- Basic knowledge of ISO requirements.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (Release 14 and higher) or AutoDesk.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.