The manufacturing supervisor supervises and coordinates the manufacturing assembly staff.
- Directly supervises the assembly staff to include planning, scheduling, and assigning work.
- Checks and approves assembly staff work.
- Conducts performance appraisals and determines disciplinary actions.
- Runs pre-defined queries to generate manufacturing reports as directed by management.
- Manufacturing Floor Material Handling
- Coordinates the positioning of material requirements with manufacturing manager enabling efficient assembly and test activities to schedule.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Dispenser Assembly, Refurbish, and Test Activities
- Coordinates the staffing, tooling, and sub-assembly build requirements to prepare material and achieve manufacturing build and refurbishment for final assembly.
- Ensures appropriate personnel are adequately trained.
- Reviews with manufacturing management status of assembly and resolves any issues to maintain efficient product flow.
- Cabinet Assembly, Test, and Final Shipment Activities
- Coordinates the preparation, staffing, tooling, and test systems to achieve manufacturing build requirements.
- Coordinates and performs final system setup and tests per Innovation procedures.
- Verifies all sales order and shipment information and perform final system teardown and preparation for shipment.
- Customer Return/RMA Processing
- Coordinates and performs receipt and delivery of RMA materials for processing.
- Coordinates/performs unpackaging and refurbishment of system returns.
- Prepares and ships RMAs as directed, verifying all documentation is complete and accurate.
Assists in year-end inventory and other tasks as directed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Employees may be required to perform duties typically assigned to other positions based on organizational needs and/or business necessity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures that all related work is performed properly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains a high level of morale among subordinates.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations and ensures that all OSHA requirements are adhered to.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards on the job and performs such work in a manner that minimizes or eliminates those hazards.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The manufacturing supervisor supervises the manufacturing assembler staff. Supervisory responsibilities include making hiring recommendations; planning, scheduling and assigning work; checking and approving work; conducting peformance evaluations; recommending salary adjustments; making effective recommendations regarding promotions; and making effective recommendations regarding unsatisfactory employees.
- Possession of a high school diploma and three to five years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior supervisory experience is highly desired.
- An Associates Degree in Business or field related to manufacturing is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.