The material handler is responsible for material flow into and out of the facility.
- Shipping and Receiving
- Receives all materials and supplies into the facility.
- Ensures timely pickup and/or delivery and processing of incoming/outgoing materials.
- Completes updates in ERP system and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Develops purchase requisitions for all common carrier shipments and performs other tasks as assigned.
- Material Handling
- Picks and directs the material in an organized manner to the appropriate area.
- Completes appropriate updates in ERP system accurately.
- Sales Order Processing
- Ships all sales orders and generates and files daily packing list.
- Lot and Serial Control
- Creates all lot control stickers for all materials received that are lot/serial controlled.
- Accurately enters lot and serial number into MRP system
- Maintains all records on lot/serial controlled numbers.
- Reports and Documentation
- Maintains part shortage report on shop/sales orders.
- Updates the plastic status report on a weekly basis.
- Generates all outgoing packaging lists of materials leaving the plant against purchase order.
- ETL Preparation
- Assists with quality quarterly inspection of ETL related parts.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Employees may be required to perform duties typically assigned to other positions based on organizational needs and/or business necessity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain an organized and efficient work space and flow.
- Ability to coordinate multiple personal work tasks to support manufacturing and warehouse activities.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The material handler does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a high school diploma and 1-2 years of experience in inventory control activities.