The mechanical engineering technician is responsible for assembling and wiring mechanical parts and prototypes, as well as testing, troubleshooting, and logging data and results of complex systems.
- Tests and debugs robotics systems and prototypes, and advises appropriate personnel of problems.
- Troubleshoots robotics systems (e.g., electrical, pneumatics, PLC, and stepper motors).
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment and logs data and results.
- Performs general machining as required.
- Reads wiring schematics, wires assemblies, and tests and debugs wired assemblies.
- Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work within time and budget constraints.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Takes pride in the quality of work performed.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrates good computer skills.
- Assembly background and/or previous experience helpful.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics.
The mechanical engineering technician does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of a high school diploma.
- Training program in technically-related field is highly desired.