Intelligent PharmASSIST Dispenser
The PharmASSIST® dispenser is the cornerstone of all Innovation’s dispensing technologies and a key component of our Pharmacy Intelligence™ initiatives. The new Model 4 is a wholly independent smart device that stores, counts, and dispenses virtually all tablet/capsule medications – all simultaneously – within our cabinet-based, robotic, and high volume solutions.
The simultaneous counting of prescriptions in each system increases the efficiency of your fulfillment process and drives prescription throughput, especially during peak filling periods. The smart dispenser employs end-to-end bar code scanning and high quality, strictly enforced software protocols for all dispensing, replenishment, and drug assignment tasks.
Optimizes Operational Efficiency
- Self calibrates the counting of virtually all-new medications with breakthrough Falcon Detection™ technology.
- Enables your staff to add new medications to dispensers immediately.
- Dispenses virtually all tablet/capsule medications with one dispenser model.
- Tracks all medication inventory to improve inventory management and control.
Advances Patient Safety
- Delivers unmatched counting accuracy to ensure the right medication is dispensed every time.
- Eliminates cross contamination between drug classes by recording medication assignments and only allowing the same drug class to be assigned (e.g., penicillin medications).
- Prevents dispensing of expired medications by tracking all medication lot codes and expiration dates.
- Features locked hopper door and secure internal buffer preventing unauthorized access and storing medication until computer-controlled release.
Maximizes Prescription Throughput
- Drives prescription volume as multiple dispensers count simultaneously.
- Enables the splitting of large quantities across two dispensers, allowing entire Rx to be dispensed into one vial.
Provides Technology Growth Path
- Scales dispensing capacity by simply adding dispensers or by seamlessly migrating dispensers to the next level of PharmASSIST automation (e.g., PharmASSIST Symphony+® to PharmASSIST ROBOTx® to a PharmASSIST High Volume system).
Delivers In-depth Analysis
- Collects all dispenser activity in conjunction with our PharmASSIST Symphony® database, and provides actionable data to our Pharmacy Intelligence initiatives.
- Enables Pharmacy Intelligence to analyze and simulate processes and system designs, and provide answers to optimize your formulary, workflow, and automation.
Frees Staff From Mundane Maintenance Tasks
- Dispensers do not require cleaning or calibration by pharmacy staff.
- System automatically advises users when dispensers need cleaning; customer sends to Innovation for cleaning; spare dispensers are provided to maintain system up on time.
Provides Smallest Footprint/Highest Volume Ratio in Industry
- Dimensions: 8.25” x 15.25” x 2.25”
- Hopper Volume: 800cc