The procurement assistant is an entry level position responsible for flow and retention of information and communications for procurement in the Manufacturing department.
- Prepares and distributes Request For Quotes (RFQ), job documents, purchase documents, and other regular or special reports including but not limited to, internal and external correspondence, reports, purchase orders, letters, etc.
- Maintains correspondence, customer files, and RFQ/Purchase files.
- Reviews correspondence, memorandums, and reports and takes action or passes on to the appropriate individual.
- Schedules meetings for procurement specialist, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains strong lines of communication throughout the supplier relationship.
- Handles multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
The procurement assistant does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires an associates degree in a related field of study and 6 months of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP system is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, and accounting software.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Ability to reach, sit, push, pull, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- None: There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).