The procurement specialist is responsible for flow and retention of information and communications for procurement in the Manufacturing department. The position corresponds with company representatives and vendors related to purchasing. This includes but is not limited to requirements, delivery, and quality of merchandise.
- Prepares and distributes Request For Quotes (RFQ), job documents, purchase documents, and other regular or special reports including but not limited to, internal and external correspondence, reports, purchase orders, letters, etc.
- Generates, maintains, updates, and files various internal documents. ECN spreadsheets, RFQs, purchase orders, and other various purchasing documents.
- Assists and recommends the process of supplier selection to ensure total cost management.
- Reviews correspondence, memorandums, and reports and takes action or passes on to the appropriate individual.
- Assists in any area as needed that is dependent of the current workload and as the schedule permits as directed.
- Coordinates all LTL shipping activities.
- Schedules meetings for Director and Vice President of Manufacturing & Facilities.
- Ensures continuity of supply for services and/or products and provides problem resolution support to the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong lines of communication throughout the supplier relationship.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
The procurement specialist supervises the procurement assistant.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Requires 4 years of progressive experience in procurement.
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP system is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator.
- Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, and accounting software.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Ability to reach, sit, push, pull, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- None: There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).