The product engineer is responsible for gaining expertise with our complete product line and assisting customer engineering at various levels to ensure a high availability of equipment at various customer sites. Working with mechanical, electrical, and process engineering, the product engineer also plays an important role in creating new products and associated documentation.
- Creates and maintains cause-effect diagrams, fault tree analyses and other six sigma tools and techniques to support existing product lines and as a part of the New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Assists in developing, tracking, and reporting changes to New Product Development timelines.
- Works within a multi-disciplinary team to develop and maintain Corrective and Preventative Action procedures for various existing products in full compliance with local and state pharmacy board guidelines.
- Assists customer service and field engineers with training of new customers and other general go-live activities.
- Collaborates with data analysts to generate monthly reports on existing product performance; escalates and drives Corrective and Preventative Action at the discretion of senior engineers and management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The product engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities beyond being a product lead.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and one to three years of experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.