The project engineer contributes to and coordinates the efforts required for successful completion of highly technical projects with emphasis on communication, documentation, and tracking both internally and externally.
- Develops system design and layout based on customer requirements and specifications stated in the customer request for proposal (RFP).
- Interacts daily with the customers and sub-contractors to interpret their needs and requirements and represents them in the field.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completes technical studies.
- Maintains internal and external communication as required by the project.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculates time requirements; sequences project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinates activities with sub-contractors; resolves problems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides back up support to other areas as needed and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Performs word-processing and spreadsheet functions effectively and efficiently.
- Communicates verbally in person and via the telephone; clearly and effectively in written form as well.
- Performs multiple tasks as directed by different management personnel.
- Ability to travel, work overtime, be on call, and assist other departments when needed.
- Provides supervisory oversite of project deliverables.
- Works neatly, with attention to detail.
The project engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is required.
- Prior experience in a technical capacity is highly desired.
- Possession of valid driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of the pharmacy automation (or similar field) highly recommended.