The project manager monitors, documents, and tracks the progress of all project activities; coordinates activity between customers, internal organizations, and major subcontractors; develops and reviews documentation; and reports project status, risks, and schedule to the Program Office, engineering, and executive management, highlighting areas in need of urgent attention. The position serves as the main point of interface with the customer and will work in Johnson City, NY.
- Monitors projects and provides a central point of contact for information required by internal and external teams.
- Supports sales in providing technical information, notional design, and pricing information and/or coordinating with engineering or finance teams to develop required information.
- Develops and maintains documentation and schedules (proposals, operational scenarios, MOUs, project schedules, statements of work, etc.).
- Supports the management of third-party subcontractors through the development of statements of work, coordinating with engineering teams and monitoring of schedules.
- Supports finance providing billing information for hourly jobs, notification of billing milestones, etc.
- Reports status of assigned projects to management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Quickly learn and apply product and process information.
- Communicate effectively, formally, and informally, both orally and in writing.
- Create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Use Microsoft Office toolset to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
The project manager does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering or a related field.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.