The purchasing expeditor will have excellent vendor communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines and receiving critical orders on time.
- Contacts suppliers to ensure that all dropship purchase orders were received and that deliveries will ship on time.
- Maintains constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are en route.
- Creates, implements, and manages sourcing strategies in order to leverage corporate expenditures, improve the procurement process, and reduce costs.
- Drives negotiations with suppliers; creates and manages supplier agreements for strategic sourcing, based on in-depth spend and market analyses.
- Prepares and performs supplier business reviews, surveys, and contract compliance; monitors supplier performance; phases out poor performing suppliers based on established criteria.
- Ensures continuity of supply for services and/or products and provides problem resolution support to the organization.
- Identifies suppliers and capabilities for new technology and process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Develops and maintains strong lines of communication throughout the supplier relationship.
- Handles multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
The purchasing expeditor has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3-5 years experience in a purchasing role is required.
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP system is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.