Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of materials, materials in process, and finished products.
Inspection and Test / Receiving Inspection, Assembly , Final Test:
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection and test of incoming materials, assembly and final system materials using visual and mechanical measurement equipment
- Perform basic electrical test using in-house test equipment and meters
- Update databases, complete appropriate documentation and report disposition status to management
Return to Vendor:
- Coordinate Return To Vendor actions including product handling and shipment preparations
- Update and maintain database and ensure quality documentation completion including verbal, electronic and hardcopy supplier and internal communication
- Coordinate root cause and corrective action system for RTV activity
Support of Quality Programs:
- Perform in-process test data collection, R/I and RTV database update, data analysis and basic failure analysis, quality system audit performance and all reporting requirements
- Implement and perform quality improvement activities
Computer Software Licensing Coordination:
- Perform administrative coordination duties including S/W license file, updating and maintaining database and file system, reviewing and determining appropriate licensing, and bringing discrepancies and improvements to managements
General Quality Assurance Activities:
- Prepare ETL audit, coordination and reporting
- Perform Trend Analysis utilizing SQL, MAX Exact and Access data system and other special projects as directed by management.
- Develop flow charts, processes and procedures to clearly define system and processes for consistent and adequate business operations and make recommendations for improvements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and other similar layouts.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The Quality Technician – Inspection and Test does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of an Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and one to two years of experience in quality assurance-auditing.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.