The quality technician performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- Inspection and Test/Receiving Inspection, Assembly, Final Test
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection and test of incoming materials, assembly and final system materials using visual and mechanical measurement equipment.
- Performs basic electrical test using in-house test equipment and meters.
- Updates databases, completes appropriate documentation, and reports disposition status to management.
- Return to Vendor
- Coordinates Return-To-Vendor actions including product handling and shipment preparations.
- Updates and maintains database and ensures quality documentation completion including verbal, electronic and hardcopy supplier, and internal communication.
- Coordinates root cause and corrective action system for RTV activity.
- Support of Quality Programs
- Performs in-process test data collection, R/I and RTV database update, data analysis and basic failure analysis, quality system audit performance, and all reporting requirements.
- Implements and performs quality improvement activities.
- Computer Software Licensing Coordination
- Performs administrative coordination duties including software license file, updating and maintaining database and file system, reviewing and determining appropriate licensing, and bringing discrepancies and improvements to management.
- General Quality Assurance Activities
- Prepares ETL audit, coordination, and reporting.
- Performs Trend Analysis utilizing SQL, MAX Exact and Access data system and other special projects as directed by management.
- Develops flow charts, processes and procedures to clearly define system and processes for consistent and adequate business operations, and makes recommendations for improvements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read and understand blueprints, schematics and other similar layouts.
- Focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Process computer data, and format and generate reports.
- Possession of an Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and one to two years of experience in quality assurance-auditing.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.