The robotics engineer develops, implements, and maintains application software to established standards and specifications. The engineer develops application software using approved programming languages., and modifies acquired application software using tables, profiles, and other customization tools to reflect approved changes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Troubleshoot production cells.
- Self-Sufficient execution of given tasks.
- Installation of industrial robots according to project-specific task lists.
- Create process charts.
- Set up robots from scratch.
- Continuous improvement of quality levels.
- Some electrical installation as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The robotics engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in software or engineering preferred.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems.
- Must be able to learn and apply product and process information quickly.
- Must be able to write technical responses from verbal and/or written input.
- Familiarity with Fanuc and ABB robots.
- Significant experience with various programming languages C, C++, VB6, VB.Net.