As a key contributor to the Solutions Engineering organization, the senior controls engineer will direct and grow a multi-faceted electrical engineering team while bringing structure and consistency to processes, executing product roadmaps, and improving product quality. The senior controls engineer works closely with other engineering management to create cross-functional and innovative solutions that enhance our PharmASSIST solutions line of products and services. This position reports to the vice president, solutions engineering.
- Resource Management
- Oversees internal and external electrical engineering resources.
- Directs the growth of the electrical engineering team both in size and experience.
- Provides mentorship to electrical engineering staff, aligning their personal goals with the goals of the company.
- Product Management
- Oversees the electrical aspects of design, prototyping, and implementation of electrical, controls, and PLC systems for assigned projects.
- Develops, executes, and maintains development and quality control protocols for assigned projects.
- Project Management
- Manages electrical engineering projects including scheduling, resource allocation, reporting, risk mitigation, and budgeting.
- Provides status reports to executive management both regularly and on-demand.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a positive and professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Analyzes and solves problems.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities and is able to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Self-directed and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Adapts quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (or similar field).
- 7+ years of practical experience including design, implementation, and management.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering practices.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities, but will instruct and oversee other members of the team. Supervisory responsibilities may increase over time.