The software architect is responsible for design and development of new software or extensive software revisions for Innovation customers.
- Develops high-level architectural specifications with attention to system integration and compatibility.
- Performs research on the potential project feasibility and reports to management.
- Uses tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Ensures software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Creates original ideas that use simplicity and user-friendliness to solve complex design obstacles.
- Identifies and recommends new ways to streamline data entry processes.
- Supports and enhances new and existing interfaces written in current and future programming language standards.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of system user acceptance testing.
- Provides architectural blueprints and technical leadership.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Collaborates with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Supports sales and proposal process via customer meetings to understand customer requirements and provides solution presentations to the customer.
- Evaluates user feedback.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive and professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Excellent written and communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Is self-directed and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Can adapt quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
The software architect does not have any supervisory responsibilities, but will instruct and direct other members of the team.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, and 2-4 years of experience in the field.
- Experience with C, C++, Visual Basic.NET and SQL or related languages, and with PCL programming.
- Experience using wireframes, storyboards, or user interface flowcharts to plan and present user interface designs.
- Possess and maintain a technical understanding of user interface design and human-computer Interaction.