The software engineer collects and documents requirements, writes design specifications for portions of our PharmASSIST products, writes designs using established templates, formats, and notations, and implements designs and follows up as needed.
- Develops and maintains software for internal and external customers. All software will be written in accordance with established standards and conventions, including development of software requirements, creation of design approach, coding of application software, and creation/execution of unit test plans.
- Finds, recreates, and proposes solutions for anomalies in the operation of deliverable and internal software systems. Documents, tracks, and analyzes these anomalies for use in quality analysis.
- Creates and collects metric data that will help monitor stability and effectiveness of software systems. Helps to minimize cost of software development through the use of automated tools and by providing suggestions on procedural changes.
- Follows and provides feedback on procedures used within the software development and other internal organizations (e.g., Customer Service, Manufacturing, etc.) related to software development, problem resolution, system setup, or any other process that involves software. Includes developing a thorough understanding of all existing software related processes and procedures.
- Interacts with Hardware Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, and directly with customers to provide information on system capabilities and to collect requirements for system modifications and enhancements.
- Reviews and provides updates for the documentation of internal and external software products.
- Supports, and maintains a fundamental understanding of other organizations in capacities that may extend outside of the area of software development, and provides support as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Quickly adapts to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of software product lifecycles.
- Demonstrates ownership for assigned tasks.
The software engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, and up to two years of experience in software development.
- 1-2 years experience using relational databases and SQL.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft operating systems and Office tools.