The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester will be responsible for the improved quality of product software delivered through automated testing, technical reviews, advanced documentation, and updated software testing procedures to ensure the output created by Innovation’s Software Engineering team fits its purpose and of the highest quality possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide insight for test plans, including documentation, using test tools, and prioritization of the test functions needed based on demand of the Software Engineering Team and Systems Design Teams.
- Analyze software requirements to mitigate risk and meet specifications for thorough software testing.
- Test and verify software functions, both new and current, with automated tools, supported by manual testing where applicable.
- Investigate causes for bugs and pinpoint root of the issue (functional and/or technical) and communicate back to developers.
- Coordinate efforts with the System Design team to ensure testing efforts are as efficient as possible.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action, based on the software test functions identified as needed for the specific project and/or product.
- Proven experience as a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester or similar role
- Basic software development, SQL, .net platform knowledge and experience a plus.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with the software development process
- Working knowledge of manual and automated testing, regression testing, and issue reporting
- Working skills in developing and maintaining testing documentation