The Symphony Standard Software Test Technical Lead is responsible for managing the SW Testers assigned to the Symphony Standard baseline. This manager will work with development, system test, and customer service daily to coordinate the testing of new development as well as production issue recreation.
- Manages a medium size software test team including (personnel, priorities, and schedule).
- Works with product architects and developers to understand product direction, roadmap, test tools, and high-level requirements for new projects.
- Provides technical direction to the test team and ensures detailed designs and implemented code meet the high-level project requirements and quality standards.
- Provides frequent feedback to product architects on design and implementation progress and adjusts development efforts as needed.
- Basic software development, SQL, .net platform knowledge and experience a plus.
- Works closely with and reports to the Director, Software Engineering to synchronize activities.
- Helps to minimize cost, increase quality, and increase output of software development through process, staffing, and technology changes.
- Supports, and maintains a fundamental understanding of, other organizations in capacities that may extend outside of the area of software development and provides support as required.
- Performs employee reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Have excellent written and communication skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Is self-directed and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Able to work effectively with multiple generations and personalities.
The Symphony Standard – Software Test Technical Lead position does not currently hold supervisory responsibilities.
- 2 years of experience managing small-medium sized software test teams.
- 5 years of experience with the Microsoft Operating System and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Familiar with waterfall and agile concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development field.
- Has a valid driver’s license.