The support technician provides technical support and assistance to employees in multiple facilities and departments, and builds, configures, and maintains desktops, laptops, and other assets in a multi-site Windows environment.
- Provides training and assistance to computer users.
- Creates and maintains documentation for new and existing processes and configurations.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems reported by users, and follows up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Optimizes performance and security of assets.
- Interacts with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client-server environment. Ensures computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Performs other tasks and worsk with other departments as directed by supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Effectively analyzes, researches, and solves problems.
- Manages multiple changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Gathers data and creates, composes, and edits written materials and reports.
The support technician does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- A.S. in Computer Science and 1+ years experience in a Windows Server 2012/2016+ Active Directory LAN/WAN environment.
- Must have or be able to promptly attain A+, Network+, Security+, and Microsoft certifications.
- Equivalent combinations of certification, education, and experience will be considered.