Works as a member of the software engineering team.
Develops and maintains software for internal and external customers. All software will be written in accordance with established standards and conventions. This will include development of software requirements, creation of design approach, coding of application software, and creation/execution of unit test plan.
Finds, recreates, and proposes solutions for anomalies in the operation of deliverable and internal software systems. Documents, tracks, and analyzes these anomalies for use in quality analysis.
Creates and collects metric data that will help monitor stability and effectiveness of software systems. Helps to minimize cost of software development through the use of automated tools and by providing suggestions on procedural changes.
Follows and provides feedback on procedures used within the Software Development and other internal organizations (e.g., Customer Service, Manufacturing, etc.) related to software development, problem resolution, system setup, or any other process that involves software. Includes developing a thorough understanding of all existing software-related processes and procedures.
Interacts with Hardware Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Service, and directly with customers to provide information on system capabilities and to collect requirements for system modifications and enhancements.
Reviews and provides updates for the documentation for internal and external software products.
Supports and maintains a fundamental understanding of other organizations in capacities that may extend outside of the area of software development and provides support as required.
Provides escalation support for customer issues and questions on an as needed basis.
Other duties assigned.
- Requires 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- 3-5 years’ experience using event focused programming in user interface and database development.
- Has 3-5 years’ experience using relational databases and writing SQL.
- Has 5+ years of experience with the Microsoft Operating System and Microsoft Office (Work, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development field.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Has excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to communicate technical details in a non-technical way to customers and external parties.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Is self-directed and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Programming, Computer Science, or related field.
- Has experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Has knowledge of the Healthcare IT industry with particular focus in Pharmacy.
- Experience with Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic .NET.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Reports to: Director of Software Systems Engineering
- Work Hours: M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Overtime: As needed
- Travel: Occasional
- On-Call Support: Required