The system manager serves as site-wide systems manager, and provides dedicated support to customers participating in Innovation’s Premium Service Plan.
- Serves as first, and immediate point of contact for the customer, and provides prompt resolution or escalation of problems encountered in a fast-paced, high-volume pharmacy production environment.
- Maintains close relationships with a wide variety of subject matter experts (SMEs) within Innovation and 3rd party vendors to facilitate rapid problem analysis and resolution.
- Serves as an advocate for the customer to Innovation, and constantly searches for opportunities to improve the customer’s success, while simultaneously maintaining the financial objectives of Innovation.
- Monitors entire system operation, and responds as needed to ensure total customer satisfaction. Triagessystem problems/failures, and determines the timeliest resolution path to restore optimal performance. Coordinates with Innovation engineering areas (electrical, mechanical, software) and 3rd party vendors as needed to address system issues. Provides remote and after-hours support as required.
- Performs repairs to systems as needed, and/or directs the efforts of customer staff, Innovation staff, and contractors to affect repairs when appropriate. Ensures all tools, meters, other required equipment, and spare parts are available and ready for such events.
- Supports all dispenser and canister activities. Advises staff of new procedures for dispenser recovery, and tracks usage and failure trends. Relays dispenser-related issues and information to Innovation Counting Technology staff, or other engineering staff as requested. Ensures the timely tracking and shipment of faulty dispensers and canisters to Innovation for analysis/repair. Performs all firmware upgrades to dispensers and canisters when required.
- Meets with customer regularly to discuss ongoing system performance. Apprises customer of recommended system enhancements/improvements. Plans proactively with customer to predict and respond to potential operational risks, including weather-related, planned maintenance, and other types of system outages. Advocates on customer’s behalf with Innovation to ensure clear understanding of customer issues.
- Provides on-site parts management services, for both Innovation and 3rd party items as required. Ensures parts are promptly replenished, and faulty parts are returned to Innovation or 3rd party under prescribed RMA procedures. Coordinates all parts and material activities with customer as required.
- Performs all software installations, upgrades, and patches for PharmASSIST® products, as well as any 3rd party software as required. Ensures all customer-related protocols (if any) are followed in the performance of any software installations or changes. Performs any required configuration setups to ensure functionality of each type of workstation. Creates any backups required to ensure timely system restoration.
- Administers system operation training to Customer staff as needed, either in classroom settings or one-on-one. Provides system maintenance training to customer maintenance staff or others as required.
- Provides supervisory and support functions for additional Innovation staff assigned to the customer facility, and direct activities of visiting Innovation staff. Directs and coordinates activities of 3rd party vendors and others as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervisory and project management experience in a fast-paced, sophisticated industrial environment.
- Manage numerous activities and priorities simultaneously, and quickly assess and triage problems as they arise.
- Advanced field engineer-level knowledge of installation, integration, troubleshooting and repair of robotic, electromechanical, and software systems.
- Strong, current experience with computers, servers, MS Office applications, and basic networking. PLC and SQL knowledge is desirable.
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management, subcontractors, and a highly diverse customer staff.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, including ability to leverage available resources to quickly develop creative solutions in high-pressure situations.
- High level of attention to installations and repairs, ensuring such activities meet Innovation or customer specifications, quality standards, and applicable safety requirements.
- Ability to see and advocate issues from the customer’s perspective, while working within time and budget constraints consistent with Innovation’s financial objectives.
The system manager may supervise other Innovation employees assigned to the customer’s facility or elsewhere as directed; and provide team leadership and direction to visiting Innovation staff.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical or management field.
- Requires 5-10 years of experience directly working with customers in a technically challenging environment. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. Prior pharmacy automation knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including extended overnights, before/after normal work hours, and weekends.