The systems administrator – advanced product support manages a small team of engineers responsible for the building and advanced configuration of the computer software, hardware, and peripheral equipment included with our automated pharmacy solutions. The position is responsible for ensuring complete and timely resolution of advanced support issues for customer systems.
- Maintains and ensures security, availability, and performance of computers, servers and other equipment built for and being used in customer environments.
- Monitors ticket queues and effectively troubleshoots problems reported by customers and ensures timely and effective resolution.
- Advanced level support of Windows O.S., SQL, PharmASSIST/Symphony software, 3rd party components, and associated pharmacy automation hardware.
- Manages the entire build life-cycle, including the creation and maintenance of all build procedures, new PC QA inspection, image creation, image application, testing, new product testing, and development.
- Follows best practice change management for configuration changes to PC/server/other build processes.
- Assists with disaster recovery of vital information from failed customer systems.
- Administers local and customer SQL, Application, WSUS, and SFTP Servers
- Creates batch, VBscript, Powershell scripts to perform automated tasks.
- Works with vendor support contacts as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Researches solutions to enhance or replace existing hardware sold to customers as well as new offerings.
- Becomes subject matter expert for Microsoft customer licensing as used in our offerings.
- Performs other tasks and works with Information Services, Customer Service, and Engineering departments as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Is self-directed, and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Can adapt quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Has excellent research skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and helping others.
The systems administrator – advanced product support role will help develop and manage a small team of support engineers.
- Requires 2+ years degree with a focus in Information Technology.
- Requires 2+ years relevant experience in a Windows Server 2012-2016 environment.
- Requires A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE or similar industry certifications.
- Requires Security+ certification (or ability to achieve within 60 days of hire)
- Requires ability to obtain U.S. Government security clearance.
- Proficiency with Cisco switching and wireless desirable.
- After Hours: Regular system(s) updates, Customer Support. Typically 2-4 hours per weekend.
- Travel: Occasional travel to customer sites required.
- Adjustments to requirements may be made for those with comparative experience.