The systems administrator maintains and ensures security, availability, performance of computers, servers and networks in a multi-site Windows environment.
- Builds, configures, and maintains laptops, PCs, servers and other assets.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems reported by users and follows up to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Works with vendor support contacts as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Clearly documents all I.S. procedures and follows best practice change management for configuration changes to I.S. systems
- Interacts with laptops and workstations in a client-server environment. Ensures devices interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including authentication servers, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Maintains and ensures security, availability and performance of computers, servers and networks in a multi-site Windows Server LAN/WAN/WLAN environment. Creates batch, VBscript, Powershell scripts to perform automated tasks. Ensures availability of network services (WINS, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory). Maintains Antivirus/Antimalware protection and security control.
- Installs and troubleshoots cabling and workgroup switches. Interacts with internet service providers to resolve external connectivity issues.
- Assists with disaster recovery planning and the recovery of vital information.
- Administers cloud VOIP system. Installs/moves/troubleshoots phones and services, performs system programming.
- Administers network servers including MS SQL, Team Foundation Server, Exact MAX ERP, Great Plains/Dynamics, Symantec Backup Exec, WSUS.
- Administers cloud-based services such as Microsoft Office 365 (including Sharepoint & Exchange), ZenDesk, Mozy Online Backup).
- Maintains VMware ESXi environment, ensuring security, availability, recovery and performance.
- Researches solutions to enhance or replace existing hardware and software.
- Performs other tasks and work with other departments as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Effectively analyze, research and solve problems.
- Manage multiple changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The systems administrator does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires 2+ years relevant experience in a Windows Server 2012-2016 Active Directory LAN/WAN environment.
- Requires Network+, Security +, Microsoft MCSA or MCSE certifications.