Successful applicant will lead a small team of engineers responsible for the building and advanced configuration and support of the computer software, hardware and peripheral equipment included with our automated pharmacy solutions.
- Maintain and ensure security, availability & performance of computers, servers and other equipment built for and being used in customer environments
- Effectively troubleshoot problems reported by customers and ensure timely and effective resolution
- Advanced level support of Windows O.S., SQL, PharmASSIST/Symphony software, 3rd party components and associated pharmacy automation hardware
- Manage the entire build lifecycle including the creation and maintenance of all build procedures, new PC QA inspection, image creation, image application, testing, new product testing & development
- Follow best practice change management for configuration changes to PC/Server/Other build processes
- Assist with disaster recovery of vital information from failed customer systems
- Administer customer SQL and Application servers, WSUS Servers
- Create batch, VBscript, Powershell scripts to perform automated tasks.
- Work with vendor support contacts as needed to resolve technical issues
- Research solutions to enhance or replace existing hardware sold to customers as well as new offerings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Driven and motivated to learn new technology and practices quickly.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting abilities with ability to prioritize.
- Would rather automate than perform the same action manually many times.
- Is self-directed, and can identify potential problem areas proactively.
- Can adapt quickly to changing requirements and short schedules.
- Has excellent research skills.
- Enjoys problem solving & helping others.
- This position does not have any supervisory
- Requires ability to obtain & retain U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Adjustments to requirements below may be made for those with comparative experience.
- Requires degree with a focus in Information Technology.
- Requires 2+ years relevant experience in a Windows Server 2008-2016 environment.
- Security Certifications (Security+ or others) required or achievable within 6 months
- Requires A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE or similar industry certifications.