The technical writer produces end-user and technical documentation for new products and updates existing documentation.
- Works hand-in-hand with the Engineering and Customer Service teams to compile data and write or revise text for informative, instructional, or end-user documentation, of a technical nature in support of new products.
- Serves as the source of document development for other functions by researching topics and gathering information as required. Answers questions on grammar, layout, and design for other employees.
- Provides consultation (proofreading, etc.) of internal and external documents for other departments.
- Drives continuous improvement into all Customer Service activities and upholds the highest standards of quality and professionalism regarding communications and interactions with the customer and fellow Innovation personnel.
- Write papers, explanations, and instructions on technical matters, and conducts research on subjects, as assigned by Vice President, Integrated Logistics & Support and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Gathers data, creates, composes, and edits written materials and reports
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Skill in organizing and establishing priorities.
- Focuses on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works within time and budget constraints.
The technical writer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in Technical Writing or a related field (e.g., Humanities) and three to five years of experience, preferably as a technical writer or assistant.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.