As your prescription fulfillment process continually evolves with new regulations, Medicare and 340B changes, and the like, your workflow may not be as efficient as it once was. To help you optimize your processes, we analyze every aspect of your workflow, systems integration, and use of automation/peripherals. We then recommend detailed system and physical flow adjustments, application and device upgrades, and even staff role modifications. The main objective is to automate or streamline manual tasks, correctly orient technician tasks, and free up your pharmacists to focus on Medication Therapy Management (MTM) and other billable services under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Workflow Analysis & Optimization
• Patient flow – demand profiling and time demographics; supports workload balancing and staffing models.
• Work flow – facility requirements, facility layout/flow, and operational scenarios.
• Performance benchmarking – ability to view performance at the individual level to highlight where additional training resources might focus. Focus on staff assignments/re-assignments and suitability if needed.
• Plan-o-gram of automated products and placement of products not in automation.
• Selecting the right types of automation to match the work/staff mix.
• Maximize the capability of the automation. Ensures the right product is in the optimal location for speed of operations.
Lean Six Sigma
• Value stream mapping; LEAN principles to eliminate or reduce non-value added processes.